Emma Dent-Coad MP
Labour’s new MP Emma Dent-Coad has been widely praised for her actions and compassion in the aftermath of the terrible Grenfell Tower fire, which took at least eighty lives just days after her ‘shock’ General Election victory in Kensington.
In an exclusive interview given to the SKWAWKBOX this week, Ms Dent-Coad spoke frankly of the ordeal still faced daily by her constituents – and of her grave concerns over the aims of the government’s public inquiry.
Ms D-C told the SKWAWKBOX:
- her constituents being forced to compete against each other for housing
- of the complete unsuitability of the accommodation being offered to many Grenfell survivors
- of her intention to support the “People’s Inquiry” that Grenfell campaigners may mount
- of the ‘shame’ of the government inquiry’s narrow terms of reference
- of the humiliating ordeal survivors are forced to undergo to access financial help funded by public donations
View original post 142 more words